I have something to say about movies

Note: Please take note that this post is not meant to offend anyone. Should you feel that way, then I am very sorry, and would appreciate if you left a comment to express how you're feeling. Let's not let your opinion go to waste and start a conversation!

We've arrived to the period of time where an influx of movies and films have bombarded our cinemas, and online streaming sessions.

But I won't be blogging about how there are too many movies lately. I mean, why would I complain about that?

Instead, I'll be sharing with you all about how I feel about the very obvious tsunami of moving pictures. And more specifically, remakes.

Movies started being around since, probably, 1800s. They never had much at the time but they sure made the most of what they had. And if we were born at that time, those would have been the most amazing things we ever saw in our lives.

Times have passed and more movies/films were made. They covered plots from political matters and history, to comedy and slice of life. Most of which are themes that are still relevant today.

These movies/films, icons of their time, continue to be the basis of what we have now. I mean, let's face it, computer graphics wasn't this great before, script lines could have been fashioned from an old tale, and our favorite actors looked up to actors of their time.

It's a cycle. A circle. And even if people or things die, their legacy lives on in those who they shared their talents with.

We see all these remakes, we see all these new actors being trusted to take up the reins of their favorite classics, we see all these technological developments, it's amazing really.

But with all this development, it got me thinking about the message behind all these movie/film remakes. They all seem to revolve around making people happy. That there's a lot going on in life but in the end, it'll all be good.

Are people today losing their sense of happiness?

Movies/films are fashioned from what is actually happening in the real world. We see movies with bad leaders, adults who are struggling at life, children who have their imaginations completely blow out of proportion. And again, all of these end with something happy. Or open-ended, we supply the ending we feel the movie/film deserves.

It wasn't until the Mary Poppins Returns trailer that I really started thinking about this: You've forgotten what it's like... to be a child.

I've noticed that there are just so many things that can trigger someone into a stone-cold state that his/her way of remedying this is just shutting everything out. That having fun is what caused all this. That imagination is what kept him from being happy.

What's even worse is when they choose to shut people out. And these are the people he/she met through that imagination. The people who share the same interests that they built friendships with beyond the hobby/interest.

I don't know anyone who's done that yet. But should I meet someone like that, then I hope I can help him/her reignite that imagination and passion. Just as long as it's not illegal. It's not okay to give up a passion, especially one that made you really happy, that felt like an escape from the real world.

I'm leaving this open-ended. I don't want to assume or speak for anyone who has felt like this. Let me know how you feel in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts