Everyday Mood Swingers

^This post is entitled with that mainly because what you are about to read are definitely examples of what keep my mood up and down.

I can't remember how many times I've mentioned about my love for Korean culture in this blog. So to keep you all posted about it, I'd like to share to you all the dramas that I've been updating myself with for the past summer. 


Gu Family Book/Family Book of Gu
Main Cast: Bae Suzy of girl group Miss A, and Singer Lee Seung Gi

This historical drama revolves around a mythical entity, a Gumiho or Nine-Tailed Fox, that desires to become human. Unfortunately for Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi), born from a Gumiho father and a human mother, the road to mortality isn't an easy one. He has to deal with a vicious tyrant, his unacceptable fate, training, and of course, LOVE.

My Take: Before this historical drama, I was able to catch up to The Moon that Embraces the Sun. I noticed that both of the dramas made use of the olden times' superstition of using black magic to achieve their petty goals. One aspect that I do idolize in this drama is the presence of women empowerment. Suzy's character, Dam Yeoh Wool, is able to wield a sword, shoot an arrow, perform self-defense, all the things that men are usually taught during their past times. Another is how Kang Chi's love interest, though sold to be a prostitute, chose to stay alive in order to be able to take back what was hers to begin with.




When A Man's In Love
Main Cast: Shin Se Kyung, Song Seung Hun, Yeon Woo Jin

Like the title suggests, the drama's main plot goes about with how a man shows affection, as well as how he may act when affection is present. It's setting is in modern South Korea with it's tall buildings and thriving businesses. Also, one may come across a Love Polygon. It's complicated, as you may understand. SPOILER ALERT! Seo Mi Do (Shin Se Kyung) decides to break up with Han Tae Sang (Son Seung Hun) to pursue her dream and get away from hi over-protectiveness, meanwhile Lee Jae Hee (Yeon Woo Jin) sees it as an opportunity to finally make Mi Do his.

My Take: I love Shin Se Kyung's wardrobe, I want to have a sat like it when I start working in the future. Not to mention, the two male leads are freakin' hot. I type that imagining them in front of me. Fangirling aside, I admire how the drama tackles not only love for a woman, but also for family, work, colleagues and others. 

Obviously, I also love Japan, and my love for the place doesn't end with their culture and Anime, I also have my own fill on Japanese Drama.




The Last Cinderella
Main Cast: Ryoko Shinohara, Haruma Miura, Naohito Fujiki

39-year-old Sakura Tohyama (Ryoko Shinohara), though she works at a beauty salon, has no idea on how to make herself seem aesthetically presentable. Another problem she has is her depleted love life. But when she meets Hiroto Saeki (Haruma Miura), she goes all high-school girl in love with him despite him being only 24-years-old. This catches the attention of long-term best friend, Rintaro Tachibana (Naohito Fujiki), and gets him to pester her even more.

My take: Though it's called the Last Cinderella, it feels more like it's got an ugly duckling plot. I can't say anything else about this drama except that I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BIG MAKEOVER EPISODE!



35-year-old High School Student
Main Cast: Ryoko Yonekura, Junpei Mizobata, Nana Katase

The new semester has started and students are in for the surprise of their life. Who would have thought that a 35-year-old woman has enrolled into their new school? This doesn't get in the way of Ayayko Baba's (Ryoko Yonekura) goal, to make 100 friends. Though it won't be easy for Baba, as she has to face with bullying classmates, and a very unconventional classroom social structure.

My Take: I've always loved the idea of incorporating society's problems with something more tangible, like dramas. The drama is very accurate with how it represents/shows the current bullying situations of Japan. I'm pretty aware that there's a chance for a gang bang episode to appear pretty soon. Until then, I am enjoying and learning quite a lot from this drama.

Now I did say that this post would be all about dramas, but to be honest, I can't leave out a variety show that I've been catching  up to every Tuesday~




RUNNING MAN! Ji Suk Jin, Yoo Jae Suk, Kim Jong Kook, Kang Gary, Ha Dong Hoon, Song Ji  Hyo, and Lee Kwang Soo! If I were to describe this show then I'd say that it's all the daebak terms the world can give. One day, I would really want  to play this game with other enthusiasts, or just suggest this as one of the games to play in an event. Who knows? I may fly to South Korea one day and spot them during filming, with or without a guest. Even better, be picked as a random member of their team in order to complete a mission!

The downside of it all is that these programs only update once or twice a week.  And that isn't something that I quite prefer when all it does is provide cliffhangers. Fortunately, I also have my anime to keep me company. I think these dramas may also conclude this month. That's fine for me. I wouldn't mind fangirling over new ones this coming school year.

PS. Change my, uhh, domain name? Because I felt that the first one was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for my liking. Also, it felt jeje. :p

Comments

Popular Posts