What I miss

It's been a little over two years since I set foot on the metro. A little over two years ago since I decided to start a career here. A little over two years ago since I started experiencing the pains and rewards of becoming independent.

How's it been like for me? Well, for lack of a better term, it's been a long ride.

On my first job, I got laid off along with 20 or so people who applied and were hired at the same time as me. On my second job, I was fired. On my third job, I resigned. On the fourth, I got laid off. On my fourth job, I left for a better one. On my fifth and current, I'm holding on.

But that's not what this post is about. I can go on and on about what happened in my latest years of life all day and you'd probably think that I'm having it rough. But really, all that is nothing compared to being away from home. Or at least, not being able to experience home while I'm away from it.

Don't worry, this post will have a happy ending. I assure you.

I miss waking up early to the spicy, flavorful smell of satti.

I miss walking to the pastil stand that's close to my place.

I miss having to dance every Sunday with my Kpop group.

I miss having to have all the trees and grass so close to me.

I miss my dogs even if I don't spend as much time with them as with our previous pets.

I miss hanging out with my boys.

I miss the antics we have when we're together.

I miss my parents, my younger sister, and my baby brother.

I miss so many things that I tend to share little stories when I get triggered by something. And those stories make me emotional to a point that I miss all these even more.

And I may miss all those things, but being in the metro opened more things to love.

Spicy Korean food at cheaper prices. (You just gotta know where to look)

Dancing is a more rampant hobby so there's no shortage of people to enjoy it with.

Parks to accommodate my photosynthesis urges.

Dogs. Everywhere.

Conventions which are catalysts for meeting new people.

Outings with those new people, friends.

Friends who are basically family.

I can keep missing the things I mentioned, but then I wouldn't really be able to enjoy life now, would I? If everything revolved around the things I'm used to, there wouldn't be room for new things to try, new people to meet, new places to visit, and more.

What's even better is that, since I keep a part of the things I miss with me, it's as if I'm sharing all those things with the new things.

Old doesn't necessarily have to mean worn out or unwanted. And new doesn't have to mean bad.

Comments

Popular Posts